Wednesday, September 4, 2013

soli deo gloria

Today is the day.  Big day.  Normal day but still big for me.

The year long journey has come to it's end. . . if I had words for it I would use up every one of them twice over.   This is just a chapter but it's one part of the book of my life that I will turn back to countless times until the day I die. 

Today, I get to meet with another young woman who wants to know my thoughts about taking her own journey into a year of singleness. Passing on the torch so to speak.  Our meeting just happened to land on this date and I don't think that is any coincidence.  I feel like I am going to be sitting down to a mocha and conversation with myself this time last year.  There won't even be a moment of hesitation if she asks me if it was worth it, if I would do it all over again because the answer is Yes. 100% Yes 


I will be forever convinced that Jesus Christ is my Savior not just because He saved me once 2,000 years ago, but because He is continually saving me everyday of my life.  This year I realized I am incapable of rescuing myself or any other person.  No one else can save me either. No man, woman or child.  More than ever I know Who I will reach for when my heart needs saving. Saving from myself, saving from the world. 

You, Oh God are the hero of this story. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment